Are you looking for real help with IRS tax relief options? Avoid tax relief companies and hire an educated, trustworthy tax attorney.
You’re not alone. Every year, thousands of taxpayers like you find out that they owe more in taxes than they can afford to pay.
The good news is that the IRS created tax relief programs to help those struggling to pay taxes until they can live a debt-free life. But knowing which options are available, and what steps you should take to resolve your tax debt can be a complicated process.
That’s why you need to work with a professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate IRS tax attorney to handle your difficult tax problems. Delia Law is a reliable Southern California law firm with extensive legal knowledge and experience when it comes to helping you find a reasonable tax debt relief solution for your specific situation.
Common IRS Tax Penalties You Should Know
The IRS may charge you with any one of over 140 tax penalties. Some of the common penalties include:
- Failure to file taxes
- Underpaying estimated taxes
- Late payment of taxes
- Intentional disregard for paying taxes or negligence
- Substantial understatement of taxes
Getting tax debt relief from these and other IRS tax penalties requires a detailed understanding of tax laws – that’s why you need to consult an IRS tax attorney. Delia Law is here to help you – we’re always attentive to the different challenges that our clients face.
IRS Tax Debt Relief Options
Get the relief you need when it comes to understanding IRS tax relief options by working with a distinguished law firm. Delia Law offers a conversational and educational approach to help potential clients better understand their own tax situation and how to get out of it. Whatever tax debt situation you’re dealing with, our lead IRS tax attorney, Dawn Delia, is here to help you understand some of the common IRS tax debt relief options you have:
- Offer In Compromise (OIC) – An Offer in Compromise allows you to settle the tax you owe the IRS for less than the full amount owed. This is for those who are facing financial difficulties or those that claim their tax debt is wrongfully owed.
- IRS Payment Plan – A payment plan is an alternative to an Offer In Compromise for those that don’t qualify for an OIC in settling their tax debt. An installment agreement is put in place, allowing you to make monthly payments if you’re not in a position to pay your tax debt immediately. This is possible with the help of a qualified IRS tax attorney.
- IRS Interest and Penalty Removal – If you can show and prove that certain conditions existed that were entirely beyond your control that made it impossible for you to file tax returns, pay taxes or other tax penalties, the IRS may remove interest and penalties owed, allowing you only to pay off the principal amount of your tax debt.
- IRS Currently Not Collectible – Being labeled “Currently Not Collectible” means that the IRS has determined that you can’t afford to pay your tax debt at present by payment in full, by way of an OIC, or through an installment agreement.
- Innocent Spouse Relief – Innocent Spouse Relief applies to married taxpayers who can show with reasonable cause that they weren’t aware or are “innocent” of any understatement or erroneous information provided on a joint tax return.
Get the Tax Relief You Need
If you’re looking for a genuine, compassionate, and caring IRS tax attorney to help you with your tax debt problems, Delia Law is one of the leading tax relief attorneys in Southern California. Our tax attorneys have years of experience in tax resolution and will represent you before the IRS. For a free consultation, contact us online. You can also call us directly at our San Diego Office at (619) 639-3336. For a free tax consultation with our Los Angeles office, call (310) 494-0100.